2020 has been a heluva year so far with a pandemic that threw us all into a tumultuous topsy turvy scramble to flatten the curve with a CB that forced most of us to WFH. And just recently our PM announced Phase 3 will begin on 28 December, so we'll most likely still be half and half with our WFH until each of us have received our vaccination.
Until we get to Dorscon Green, the other greatest and constant struggle we've gone through this year while on WFH: keeping our health in check, particularly with our weights. We’re all stuck at home with snacks all around the house within arm's length, and we're quickly running out of the willpower to resist!
At this rate, can you siam the potbelly?
Here’s one alarming reason for you to put… that… potato… chip… down!
f you think defending against the pandemic with a boatload of Vitamin C helps, it’s apparently not enough. On April 8, 2020, The Straits Times published insights that obesity greatly increases your risk of getting the virus (even if you are young).
The next day, Bloomberg also reported similar findings from Britain's top scientific advisers that being overweight is a “significant risk factor” for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease (CDC) Control and Prevention are also telling us that those who are obese with a body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2 are at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
Simply said, putting on weight means that you’re more vulnerable to contract viruses. And that’s not all. If you’re experiencing asthma, sleep apnea, lung problems, or gastroesophageal issues, your normal lung functions are likely to be compromised — and these are common related issues that happen with weight gain.
Speaking of lungs, it’s also no surprise that smokers are also at a higher risk during this pandemic outbreak. But if quitting is not within your means now, then watching your food is crucial to lowering your risks (we’ll share a tasty solution in a minute).
With so much at stake, you won’t need me to tell you that:
Today’s safe distancing measures have pulled us away from our gyms and pushed us towards comfort ‘fat food’.
And since most of us are barely moving much anymore (couch-to-bathroom doesn’t count!), our sedentary lives are putting us at heightened risk of metabolic diseases, even over just weeks or months.
While we’re cooped up at home, not only do we depend more on processed food that keeps longer, we are also more tempted to Netflix and snack — I mean, what else is there to do??
The real question is:
The real question is:
There’s no easy way to put it, so I’m just gonna say it: most of us are going to come out of this pandemic looking wider than ever. There, I said it.
But you don’t have to give in!
Today’s external circumstances are mostly not in our control, but our diet doesn’t have to spiral out of control. We still need to eat our 3 meals a day, but the choices we make for these meals (and whatever's in between) can very much be within our control.
Maybe like me, you can’t cook for nuts, or maybe you have a ton of work or child supervision to do… but there’s always light at the end of the tunnel: YOLO MEAL PLAN, delivered right to your doorstep, offering you the CONVENIENCE of healthy eating, anytime, anywhere.
If there’s one thing you need to know about YOLO, is that your favourite pasta, teriyaki salmon, and gong bao chicken can finally be eaten guilt-free. Every calorie is measured carefully so that you can avoid the unhealthiness of typical meals while enjoying your favourite Asian dishes.
But what's so great about investing with YOLO? Easy:
- We fit into YOUR schedule, just pick your own dates and addresses. Once a week, twice, every day, it's up to you
- TRUST - We use the finest and freshest of ingredients each day without compromising on taste, so you shave not just your waistline but also time
- You have the confidence of knowing exactly what you're eating daily, all the way to your meal's calorie count so you can keep up with your goals
- Your journey is enjoyable at every step of the way till the very last bite, because we serve you REAL FOOD!
- We won't burn a hole in your wallet - it's barely $25/day for lunch + dinner + snacks + tea + delivery, cheaper than other brands out there!
- It gets even cheaper than zi char with our unbeatable promo codes
- You save time thinking about what to eat, prepping, cooking, and the cleaning up after
- Each meal is curated by our in-house Nutritionist and Executive Chef, bringing you science to your meals
- We do not use preservatives or GMOs, and instead of MSG, we use fresh, top of the line seasonings and ingredients to keep your food tasty!
In summary, YOLO Meal Plan is not a diet food. It's centred around your lifestyle goals at the convenience of your own time and place, and best of all, it's tasty and delivers the results you're looking for!
Ready to order yours? Click here to end the year with a healthier you, and don't forget to apply code YOLOXMAS for 15% off during checkout!